Peer Review Workshop #1
I. Welcome and Introductions
II. Overview of the Learning Technology Grant and the Peer Review Process
Goals of the Learning Technology Grant:
1. Increase the use of learning technology to improve student academic performance in relation to the New York State learning standards, process and content strands, key ideas and performance indicators in grades pre-kindergarten through 12.
2. Provide high quality professional development focused on increasing a teacher's knowledge and skills in the use of learning technology.
3. Provide ongoing support for students to become technologically literate by 8th grade.
Statewide Peer Review: http://www.emsc.nysed.gov/nysatl/whatpr.html
New York State Academy for Teaching and Learning (NYSATL):
VI. Developing Section 1 – The Learning Context
- a brief statement of the purpose, objective, or focus of the learning experience;
- the entire wording of the learning standard(s) and the specific performance indicator(s) being assessed;
- NY Learns: http://www.nylearns.org/standards/browsestandards.asp
- Tip: Highlight and copy the selected Standards, Key Ideas, and Performance Indicators into notepad (PC) or simpletext (Mac). Then paste the information into MS Word. This will make the text much easier to format in your Word document.
- Download the NY State Learning Standards (click here)
- a description of how the learning experience addresses an existing New York State core curriculum; and
- a discussion of what students need to know and/or be able to do to succeed with this learning experience
VII. Building Section 4 - The Procedure – Why are we doing this before Sections 2 and 3?
VIII. Meeting wrap up/next meeting
>> Click here to take the workshop evaluation
Prior to Next Time:
- Locate and make a copy of any rubrics that you presently use that you think would fit well with this project
- Update the Procedure section (Section 4) and bring any handouts you have created so far
- Create folders containing photocopies of student work samples (electronic samples are fine as well)
For Next Time:
- Bring all of the above items to Workshop #2